Auto Exposure Bracketing (AEB) (EOS REBEL T3/EOS 1100D)
Last Updated : 09-Feb-2011
Issue Number : 8201015400
Auto Exposure Bracketing (AEB)
Using the exposure compensation setting, you can capture images at different exposure levels, and then select the optimal image later as shown in the example below. This is called AEB (Auto Exposure Bracketing) shooting.
You can set your camera so that the shutter speed and aperture value are changed automatically to capture three successive shots with exposure bracketing of ±2-stops in 1/3-stop increments.
For details on exposure compensation, please refer to the Related Information section.
How to set the AEB shooting
1. Set the power switch to <ON>.
2. Press the <MENU> button to bring up the menu.
3. Under the [
] tab, select [Expo. comp./AEB], then press the <SET> button.
4. Press the <Cross Keys> to set the exposure compensation amount. If AEB is combined with exposure compensation, AEB will be applied centering on the exposure compensation amount.
Turn the <Main Dial> to set the AEB amount.
5. Press the <SET> button to set it.
When you press the shutter button halfway, the AEB amount will be displayed on the LCD monitor.
6. Focus and press the shutter button completely. The three bracketed shots will be taken in this sequence: Standard exposure, decreased exposure, and increased exposure.