How to convert RAW images to JPEG or TIFF (Digital Photo Professional Ver3.x)
Last Updated : 20-Sep-2012
Issue Number : 8200879100
- In order to perform this operation, it is necessary to install [Digital Photo Professional] from the CD-ROM (Canon Digital Camera Solution Disk) supplied with the product.
- Operations for [Digital Photo Professional ver3.9] are explained here. For other versions, the screens displayed and operation procedures may differ slightly.
- Operations for Windows 7 are explained here. Images displayed or operation might differ slightly in Windows XP or Windows Vista.
- Make sure to download the RAW images you want to convert beforehand.
1. Double-click the [Digital Photo Professional] icon that appears on the desktop.
If you cannot find the [Digital Photo Professional] shortcut icon on your desktop, click [Start] (
) > [All Programs] or [Programs] > [Canon Utilities] and select [Digital Photo Professional] to start [Digital Photo Professional].
2. When [Digital Photo Professional] starts, the following window appears.
Select the folder in which the image you want to convert is saved. (Images are saved to the [My Pictures] folder by default)
Double-click and select the RAW image you want to convert to JPEG or TIFF.
3. The following window appears.
[File], and from the menu that appears, click
[Convert and save].
4. The following window appears.
Confirm the destination from [Save in].
Click [Save as type], and select [Exif-JPEG] from the menu that appears (if converting to JPEG).
As necessary, make the following settings: [Quality setting], [Output setting], and [Resize setting]. (These settings are not necessary unless you want to degrade the image quality.)